Home / Health / 77 Year Old Man Swallows Denture Along With Vada Pav

77 Year Old Man Swallows Denture Along With Vada Pav 0

A 77-year-old man from India’s Mumbai city accidentally swallowed one of his dentures while eating a vegetarian fast food dish, Vada Pav, reported the Free Press Journal. The man named, Ram Kuber, was immediately rushed to the JJ Hospital in Mumbai for treatment.

“We found that a tooth was present inside his stomach. Luckily he did not have any cuts or perforations inside his stomach as it was a denture,” said Dr Shrinivas Chavan, Professor and HOD of Ears, Nose and Throat (ENT) department at JJ hospital while explaining the situation to the publication.

“On Friday, Kuber had swallowed his tooth while he was having a Vada Pav, after which he came to the emergency ward to undergo an esophagoscopy. A pipe was inserted in his stomach and then he was operated upon,” Dr Chavan said.

“In a shocking revelation, he said that he swallowed his tooth while having food. A general inspection led to a conclusion that something was stuck in the stomach that needed to be operated,” he added.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *